The mission of Pacific Coast Academy is to develop the individual gifts of students in San Diego County and adjacent counties to become critical thinkers, responsible citizens and innovative leaders prepared for academic and real-life achievement in the 21st Century. The mission will be accomplished through quality, personalized, standards-based education which could include online coursework, offline textbook work, project-based learning, and unique hands-on and experiential learning experiences facilitated in partnership with students, parents, staff, and community.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
At Pacific Coast Academy, we have goals for our students that are known as Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs). SLOs are a part of our school culture: they reflect our school vision, the College and Career Readiness standards, and the education of the whole child.
Pacific Coast Students Are:
- Inquisitive Learners - Inquisitive learners are investigative, inquiring, ask probing questions, and desire to learn more.
- Navigators of the Digital World - Navigators of the digital world who are proficient in the use of technology, media, and online resources.
- Self-Directed - Self-directed and motivated students who are able to set attainable goals to achieve academic success.
- Personalized Learners - Personalized learners who are able to thrive in the style of education that best fits their individual needs.
- Independent Critical Thinkers - Independent critical thinkers who have the ability to problem solve, take ownership, and apply their knowledge to a variety of problems.
- Responsible Citizens - Responsible citizens who demonstrate integrity and respect while actively seeking knowledge of local and global issues.
- Effective Communicators - Effective communicators who can thoughtfully articulate their thinking with confidence while collaborating with peers.