Skip to main content

AB104 Pass/No Pass

Dear Families,

AB104 was signed into law on July 1, 2021. Under AB 104, parents/guardians of students who were enrolled in high school during the 2020-21 school year may request to have a letter grade earned for a course changed to a Pass or No Pass on the student’s transcript. Please note the change cannot negatively impact the student’s GPA.

If you/your child was enrolled in Pacific Coast Academy for the 2020-21 school year in Grades 9-12, and you would like to request grade change(s), please complete this form and email it to the Director of High School, Liz Palmiter, at by August 11, 2021. The school cannot accept any grade change requests after August 11, 2021

If you are interested in viewing a list of postsecondary institutions that have affirmed they will accept a transcript with Pass/No Pass for admission purposes, please visit the California Department of Education website for more information as CDE posted this list on its website under AB 104. Please note that some postsecondary institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.

If you have any questions, please reach out to Liz Palmiter at or (619) 782-6464 x3021.

Have questions about homeschooling?
Contact our Family Liaisons!